There are three different type of users that will be impacted by the workgroups permissions:
- Team Admin: they can see across all workgroups
- Team Member: can see projects in their designated workgroup
- Finance Approver: can be an Admin or a Member and will have the ability to approve invoices they can see (Admin = all invoices, Member = invoices of tasks within a project within a workgroup)
Team user’s access to projects, tasks and invoices will be determined by the workgroup permissions.
- Will be able to create workgroups and edit workgroups name and members.
- Will be able to see all existing projects from all workgroups and filter them by workgroup (All Projects view).
- Will be able to see all existing tasks from all workgroups and filter them by workgroup (All Tasks view).
- Will be able to see all existing invoices from all workgroups and filter them by workgroup (Invoices tab).
- Will be able to assign a project to any workgroup when creating or editing a project.
- Will be able to generate invoices for all existing tasks from all workgroups.
- Will only be able to see projects from the workgroups they belong to and filter projects by workgroup.
- Will be able to see tasks from workgroups they belong to and filter tasks by workgroup.
- When creating a task against a project belonging to a specific workgroup, they will only be able to assign the task to team users with the right permissions. The list of users in the Task Manager field will be filtered to include only team members belonging to the specific workgroup of the project that the task is going to be created against.
- Will be able to assign a project to a workgroup they belong to when creating or editing a project.
- Notes: Team members won’t be able to interact with Invoices unless they are also a Finance Approver. When a team member belongs only to one Workgroup, filtering is redundant, the dropdown will not be visible as that team member will implicitly use the only workgroup they belong to.
- A finance approver that is also a team member will be able to:
- See and approve invoices from workgroups they belong to and filter them by workgroup. That is, invoices for tasks that are part of a project that belongs to the associated workgroup they have access to.
- Generate invoices only for tasks associated to the workgroups they belong to.
- A finance approver that is also a team admin will be able to:
- See and approve all existing invoices from all workgroups and filter them by workgroup.
- Generate invoices for all existing tasks from all workgroups.
Note that clients not using workgroups will not have access to the functionality. That is, they will not be able to add workgroups to a project, edit workgroups in a project, or filter (projects, tasks, invoices) by workgroups. These actions are possible from the following sections of the app:
- Create Projects form
- Edit Projects form
- All Projects page / view
- All Tasks page / view
- All Invoices page / view