Yes. Freelancers are able to define their own work and submit an invoice directly to their client without the task manager being involved!
This is possible only if freelancer invoicing is enabled by the team admin.
If you are a team admin, you can do that under Team Settings tab > Finance > Enable invoicing > Freelancer task invoicing > Task creation.
Additionally, the team Admin must select what type of approval process they need. If a Task Manager must approve the task before the invoice gets approved by a Finance Manager, then they must select a 2-step approval process. If they don’t need a Task Manager to approve the task, then they must select the 1-step approval.
Settings and definitions
- Enable invoicing: enables the Invoicing functionality for the slug.
- Autogenerated invoicing: enables Auto-generated invoices for the slug.
- Freelancer invoicing: enables the invoicing functionality for freelancers, who are able to invoice against tasks previously created by task managers. Note: this is new terminology for the previous ‘3rd party invoicing’ setting
- Freelancer task creation: within freelancer task invoicing, this allows a freelancer to create tasks from scratch to define their own work and invoice against these.
- 1 step approval: within freelancer task invoicing and task creation, this setting means that the task manager DOES NOT need to approve the task created by the freelancer.
- 2 step approval: within freelancer task invoicing and task creation, this setting means that the task manager needs to approve the task created by the freelancer.
Any questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org